Rugby Specific Travel Insurance

In this section, we aim to silence the minefield & breakdown the Union Jargon about what you need, what is available and how you get it. 

Rugby Specific Travel Insurance

If you are taking an Age-Grade Rugby Team on a Tour away from your home Union, as part of obtaining approval and permission to tour, you will need to provide proof that a suitable Insurance Policy is in place for your touring players. It is also advisable for Senior Teams to consider a travel insurance policy for overseas tours which will fill the gaps between the Insurance they will already have for playing domestically & travelling abroad. 

At Sky High Sports, we have an affiliation with Howden Insurance Brokers. They are able to provide travel insurance policies for Rugby Teams travelling on tour. Howden are the official partner of the English RFU and have vast experience in this field. 

As part of their membership or registration with your team, your players will be registered for playing insurance via your home Union. Once you obtain suitable Permission to Tour from your Union, this same insurance will be stretched to incorporate your games on tour.

Click Here to read more about Obtaining Permission to Tour.

A simple travel insurance policy will meet the minimum requirement to tour. However, we recommend speaking with your local Union as they may have modified requirements. 

The best person to speak with at Howden is:


David Williams

Senior Broker for Sport & Entertainment

+44 (0)121 698 8061 /


Please tell them where you had the recommendation & once you provide them with the information requested, you will be in safe hands.